General Info

General Counseling InfoTop of Page

Grade Reporting Schedule - when grades are officially updated and posted (D/F progress report, quarter grades, semester grades)
Q: What is TP's CEEB or School Code?  
       A: It is: 050466
Q: How can I research colleges & careers?                                                                                                               A: The best way to research colleges and careers is through Naviance.  See below for how to log on.  

       How do I register for Naviance?  Your registration code is your student ID#.

    Q: Where can I get a SAT/ACT Fee Waiver?                                                                                                A: See your School Counselor.

    Q: Do Psychology, Sociology or AP Psychology count as a science?                                                   A: No, Psychology, Sociology and AP Psychology count as a social science elective.

    Q: What is AVID?                                                                                                                                                    A: Advancement Via Individual Determination is a program for students who want to go to a four-year university but for a variety of reasons, need assistance. Check with your counselor about the other qualifications. The program consists of study skills, motivational strategies and tutoring.                              AVID Course Description

    Q: How can I contact my student's teachers?                                                                                               A: Most teachers prefer email to communicate with parents. You may obtain teacher email addresses through parent portal or on our website under the "Staff" heading. Remember, anytime you have a question or concern about your student's grade or any classroom issues, please contact the teacher first. Please allow 24-48 hours for a response.                                                                                                                       

    Q: How can my student sign up for a sport?                                                                                                A: Students must try out for all TP team sports. Tryout periods for each sport will depend on the season in which the sport takes place.  See the TP athletics webpage  An athletic packet (including) a physical is required to tryout. 

    Q: What is an articulated high school course?
      A: All of our SDUHSD high school sites offer courses that are articulated with Mira Costa College. Articulation 
    means that students in the course have the opportunity to receive both high school credit and community college credit for the course.  Mira Costa College Articulated Coursework FAQ’s.



    Community ServiceTop of Page

    NOTE: TPHS does not require volunteer hours for graduation. There are however, some classes that require community service.