- ABOUT TPHS
TPHS provides a wide variety of year-long course offerings for students at every academic level. Students can take up to 7 classes per year, but we encourage students to take 6 classes a year so they can better balance their demands outside the school day. Our modified rotating block bell schedule offers flexibility for students who prefer to start school later, or who wish to end their day earlier. For details, please refer to our bell schedule linked below:
In order to provide wellness opportunities and flexibility for students, here are some important things to know about the Torrey Pines High School bell schedule:
- Period 1, our daily, 55-minute class, starts at 8:30 - Students opting for a later start time can take an "unscheduled period" during 1st period and start school at 9:35 every day.
- Students who have activities in the afternoon are encouraged to take 6 classes and take either 6th or 7th period unscheduled - To do this students will need to take a class during 1st period.
- On alternating Wednesdays, TPHS will have Student Connectedness (SC) time. During this 30 minute session, students will engage in wellness activities, enjoy TPTV, collaborate on Student Senate topics, and learn about important school information. School connection is one of our strengths at TPHS, and we are proud to make student connection a systemic part of our school day!
- On alternating Wednesdays, our staff will have collaboration time in the afternoon. Students will be released at 2:25 so staff can collaborate, share best practices, and engage in teacher wellness activities.
- Wednesdays have a different bell schedule, so be sure you are familiar with what time school ends on Wednesdays - TPHS Bell Schedule - 2022-2023
TPHS is a large, comprehensive high school and there is always a lot going on! Be sure to have quick access to the following documents:
If you would like to know more about what is going on at Torrey Pines High School, please join us for our Coffee With Coppo virtual events. The link to the live, virtual meeting will be posted the week of the event, so as the dates below get closer, please check our home page for more info.
November 10, 2022
February 9, 2023
April 13, 2023
Due to the volume of requests, and so we can better serve our current students, all campus tours are group tours on the dates listed below. We cannot provide private tours for interested families, but families may join one of our scheduled group tours and/or tour the school after 4:00 pm. All tours are after school, which offerns an opportunity to view the facility without disrupting instruction.
All tours begin at 3:30 pm and end at 4:30 pm. Please meet outside our administration wing. Campus Map
November 9, 2022
December 14, 2022
February 1, 2023
February 15, 2023