- ABOUT TPHS
- School Information
- Principal's Welcome
- School Calendar 2023-2024
- Bell Schedule 2023-2024
- Campus Map - Overview
- Campus Map - With Room #s
- Administrator Duties
- Library Media Center
- Safety & Crisis Information
- Nutrition Services
- Residency Verification Information
- School Site Council
TPHS provides a wide variety of yearlong course offerings for students at every academic level through an in person learning model. Students can take up to 7 classes per year, but we encourage students to take 6 classes a year so they can better balance their demands outside the school day. Our modified rotating block bell schedule offers flexibility for students who prefer to start school later, or who wish to end their day earlier. Yearlong, in person classes help students build strong connections with teachers and classmates.
In order to provide wellness opportunities and flexibility for students, here are some important things to know about the Torrey Pines High School bell schedule:
- Period 1, our daily, 55-minute class, starts at 8:30 - Students opting for a later start time can take an "unscheduled period" during 1st period and start school at 9:35 every day.
- Students who have activities in the afternoon are encouraged to take 6 classes and take either 6th or 7th period unscheduled - To do this students will need to take a class during 1st period.
- On alternating Wednesdays, TPHS offers Student Connectedness (SC) time. During this 30 minute session, students will engage in wellness activities, enjoy our student produced Falcon Vision newsmagazine show, collaborate on Student Senate topics, and learn about important school information. School connection is one of our strengths at TPHS, and we are proud to make student connection a systemic part of our school day!
- To continually our instructional and professional practices, on alternating Wednesdays our staff works together during collaboration time in the afternoon. Students are released at 2:25 so staff can collaborate, share best practices, and engage in teacher wellness activities. For details, please refer to our TPHS School Calendar - 2023-2024
- Wednesdays have a different bell schedule, so be sure you are familiar with what time school ends on Wednesdays - TPHS Bell Schedule - 2023-2024
School Events Calendar
TPHS is a large, comprehensive high school and there is always a lot going on! Be sure to have quick access to the following documents:
If you would like to know more about what is going on at Torrey Pines High School, please join us for our Coffee With Coppo virtual events. The link to the live, virtual meeting will be posted on our homepage prior to each event, so as the dates below get closer, please check our home page for more info.
November 2, 2023
February 8, 2024
April 11, 2024
Due to the volume of requests, and so we can better serve our current students, all campus tours are group tours on the dates listed below. We cannot provide individual tours for interested families, but families may join one of our scheduled group tours and/or tour the school after 4:00 pm. All tours are after school, which offerns an opportunity to view the facility without disrupting instruction.
All tours begin at 3:30 pm and end at 4:30 pm. Please meet outside our administration wing. Campus Map
November 8, 2023
January 17, 2024
January 31, 2024
February 14, 2024
April 16, 2024
If you are unable to attend one of our in-person tours, you can visit our school virtually through the links below: