- Associated Student Body
- Career Technical Education (CTE)
- Dance Company
- Mutlilingual Learner Program
- English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC)
- Falcon Vision
- Independent Study Physical Education (ISPE)
- Music Program
- Peer Assistance Leaders
- Student Club List
- Testing Programs
- TP Players Club
- Visual Arts
English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC)
A school-level committee comprised of parents, staff, and community members designated to advise school officials on English learner programs and services.
Each California public school with 21 or more English learners must form an English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC).
The ELAC shall be responsible for the following tasks:
- Advising the principal and staff in the development of a site plan for English learners and submitting the plan to the School Site Council for consideration of inclusion in the School Plan for Student Achievement.
- Assisting in the development of the schoolwide needs assessment.
- Ways to make parents aware of the importance of regular school attendance.
- Each ELAC shall have the opportunity to elect at least one member to the District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC). Districts with 31 or more ELACs may use a system of proportional or regional representation.
Torrey Pines High School is proud to include the input of their parents in the ELAC meetings into discussions for the program and schoolwide decisions. This year, ELAC meetings are held in collaboration with the other San Dieguito Union High School District Schools and are hosted at Earl Warren Middle School.
During English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC) meetings, we share important information with families, highlight community partners, and give parents and caregivers an opportunity to connect with us, and with each other. ELAC is a great way to find out what is happening in school and learn about resources available to support your student. You will be invited via email, and via phone. Your student will also receive information at school. Thank you for joining us!
PREVIOUS YEAR'S ELAC MEETINGS